Monday, January 19, 2009

Hawaii.

I recently got back from Hawaii. I booked a trip a long time ago to ensure that I'd visit my mom more often. Jon met me out there, he lived with me in Hawaii for awhile in the summer of 2003. This time was much different. We were 19 then, now we were 26 and 25. Going back to Oahu, I didn't realize how beautiful it actually was, especially in winter. Driving the entire island and visiting northshore was definitely one of my favorite activities. We met people from japan, chicago, the island itself, and australia. My favorite thing was the nightlife, tons of tourists, and people who were on vacation looking for a great time. When I worked at Planet Hollywood I befriended Bill, who is now the assistant manager there. It was real cool having friends who still lived on the island. A cold front hit Michigan the week I left, temperature in michigan was around 0 degrees and snow, while in Hawaii it was 80 and sunny. I couldn't have picked a better week. Hawaii was different in a lot of aspects, downtown Waikiki has gotten much nicer. When I lived there everywhere was packed all the time. I could tell tourism was down 10 fold, some beaches we visited had no one there besides us, many of the restaraunts weren't even half filled. I liked it much more this way, it felt more uninhabited.

No comments: