Thursday, November 20, 2008

1-3-1.

UofM upset #4 UCLA today. I'm not suprised UCLA struggled on offense, I'm suprised UofM had enough offense to get the win. UofM runs a 1-3-1 defense, which I really can't comprehend how that works so effective on the college level. I loved when Belein ran it at West Virginia in the tournament, and now he's running it at UofM. We use to run it in high school, i was either the top guy or the bottom guy, meaning I had to run side to side and trap my butt off. You have to have a fast guy with a lot of endurance to run that. The 1-3-1 is really effective against athletes and slashers, it's weakness is outside shooting and rebounding. UCLA couldn't shoot out of it and I'm worried about us. We have ridiculous athletes but not really pure shooters. We also seem to have not been rebounding well as of late. It's looking like UofM might be a good match up for us. But then again, they play methodical and are very patient with the clock. We run the hell out of the ball and force tempo. Who can ever dictate the tempo will win that game. I'm pretty sure we could force the issue.

No comments: