Sunday, November 16, 2008

The DC adventure (finally)

So last Thursday I decided to go to DC to check out the vibe of the city since the victory of Obama, but more importantly to visit my boy Sorgi. Flew into Baltimore Thursday night, checked out Dupont Circle. Friday while my boy was at work, I went around and took pictures of the DC area. I walked by the first Church of Scientology and a guy asked if I wanted to see a free movie. I had nothing to do for the day and I always was curious about their religion so I checked it out. Basically, they believe really heavy in the power of the mind, a lot of "the secret" ideas and theology. I also believe in the importance of a healthy mental state. I believe in many of their ideas, but think they go a little extreme in their "power of the mind". But for the most part, it is really nice learning about other cultures and religions that are different than one's own. After that I went to a pub and befriended the bartender and his friend after about 6 beers and 8 irish car bombs it was around 5 o'clock and time for me to meet up with my boy. On Saturday, we walked all over DC, the white house, Georgetown, Dupont Circle, and watched the state game at Rhino. We won, but Penn State lost later in the day =( It would've been a lot better if Penn State would've been undefeated when we matched up. We went to Virginia to predrink with Nadia and her friend and that ended up being a highlight of the trip. You gotta love "would you rather" "if" and "never have i ever". DC was a great time. I'm not a city boy, but it's nice traveling and hanging with old buddies.

No comments: